What's going on?

So, to whoever reads this tiny little blog, I'm not dead nor is this little pocket dimension. I've had a rough (ROUGH) end/start of year, with basically all my games being dropped and not so good news at my day job. The overall political climate in my country + all the OSR stuff that happened recently, made me rethink some stuff

After this little slump I've returned to work more diligently on my own stuff, started playtesting my Beauty and the Beast adventure (will make an early draft available soon) and sketching the first few maps of what is tentatively called "The Kitchen Arena of The Immortal Ruby Gourmands", a goofy food themed dungeon that is a homage to my favourite television show: 1990's Japanese Iron Chef.

How can you not love this dumb shit

Have also started a small games press with my partner, to publish her game that we've been working on during vacation, which will also be used as a platform to push my own and a couples of friends stuff, more new on that towards the end of the year honestly. Also, could use some help on commissioning art, as I have no idea how that works (I have some money want to spend on a few pieces of pretty art please help).

The other thing I did during my couple weeks of vacation anxiety/depression was to play a lot of videogames, something which I haven't done so in years. I rekindled my love for the Dragon Quest series, especially through the last two games, XI and X (MMO), which have some of the most heartwarming stories and art I have taken in a while, a great palette cleanser.


I just love this, different shapes and colors, so chill

The races of X (a game in which humans are lost in continent covered in darkness) were definitely the most inspiring bunch, with the always sharp designs of Akira Toryiama bringing them to life. It was also interesting to see the Japanese take on western "classics", like Elves and Dwarves. So not to say this last weeks were total wastes of time, I did make a Race/Class for one of them for funsies:

Ogre (Race as Class)
Ogres are used to living in harsh mountainous regions, their size and strength yielding them great power over the land they inhabit. Their biggest flaw is their aversion to metal: it sticks to them, weighs them down considerably and causes awful rashes, but it also allows them to sense and identify different metals. Their resilience and metal sensitivity make them great company for those who are keen to loot ancient tomb full of traps and gold. They also have a non-prehensile tail.

Hit Dice: 1d10;
Natural +1 bonus to Strength;
Attack Bonus: +1 (never changes);
Saves: as Fighter;
Exp: as Elf (Max level 10);
Special: All metal sticks to their skin as if it was near a strong magnet, they can also sense metal up to 100ft. All metal being carried by an Ogre is considered to be double its weight. Fighting with metal weapons is unwieldy and they have -3 bonus to attack when doing so. Finally, Ogres can use their natural magnetism to attract metal objects (no larger or heavier than a standard sword) up to Level*10ft.



On other gaming related news, failing to find a Mech RPG I liked, to play with a couple of friends, I embarked on a journey to make one. Tentatively called Red Comet, a homage to the Gundam character, it is currently a hack of Troika with some other stuff bolted on. Im trying to get the right balance between CRUNCHY and QUICK, and let me tell you it's not easy. Previews and the full thing will probably be released here for free in the future.

So yeah, this blog will come back to life and since my original game that I ran that inspired this table is basically dead, expect lots of non specific RPG stuff. This is basically the pipeline Im setting for myself so I can regret it later (timeframe is for playable, not final, stuff published here):

- Beauty and The Beast Adventure (need a better name grrrr) - Late February/March;

- Call of Cthulhu Christmas Scenario (playtested, needs adjustments and imagery) - April/May;

- The Kitchen Arena of The Immortal Ruby Gourmands - July/August;

- Red Comet: Mobile Frame Action RPG - End of the year.








Comments

Popular Posts